Two column text
AT A GLANCE
- Total brew time: 3:30
- Yield: 2 mugs
- Cup characteristics: Clean and refined
WHAT YOU NEED
- Chemex 6-cup brewer
- Square Chemex filter
- 36 grams (5-7 tbsp) Coffee beans
- 600 mL water, plus additional for rinsing
- Pouring Kettle (gooseneck preferred)
- Drinking Mug
- Burr grinder (recommended)
- Scale (recommended)
BEFORE YOU BREW
- For best results, we strongly recommend starting with whole bean coffee and grinding with a burr grinder immediately before brewing. If you grind your coffee too soon, it will quickly lose many of the compounds that give it such delightful aromas and flavors.
- While it may seem complicated, we think using a scale actually makes brewing easier by taking any guesswork out of the equation.
- Compared to a traditional kettle, a gooseneck kettle gives you optimal control over how fast you’re pouring and where the water hits the coffee.